- Find a church we like and go regularly.
- For Billy and me to keep working on having a healthy marriage.
- Try at least 1 new recipe a week.
- Eat locally. Nashville has a great Farmer's Market and our neighborhood has some great local food resources and we want to start taking advantage of them. I've started reading the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver and it's really shocking how much goes into getting our food from one place to another. I'm no tree-hugger here but I want to know where my food is coming from! Hopefully we can build some planter boxes in our backyard this year and do most of the gardening ourselves, but whatever we can't and don't grow ourselves is really less than a few miles away. I think we can handle that.
- Keep up the reading. I average about 3-4 books a month--less during the holidays of course, but I just love to read. I'm in a book club and for that we're reading The Help. Yes, I read 2 books at once. If I don't get them mixed up, I'll tell you about both when I finish!
- Learn to sew. My awesome in-laws Bill and Cindy (I really was blessed in that department!) gave me a sewing machine LAST Christmas. I've taken it out of the box once. Hopefully by this time next year I will have at least fired it up and figured out what the heck a bobbin is...
- Take more pictures. I have a pretty decent point-and-shoot. I've somehow managed to jack up the settings on it trying to shoot in Manual mode, but I'll get it figured out. Pretty self-explanatory.
- Get up earlier. Ugh. Not doing so hot in that department.
- Get better at the housekeeping thing. Having a job really gets in the way of that, doesn't it? Really I would just like to get up early enough to make the bed for the day (see above). Stay on top of the laundry--which would actually require folding it after drying it instead of dumping it in the basket. I'd like to start making our own cleaning products, try to not kill plants, etc. We'll see.
So that's pretty much it. I will definitely update on how the P90X and DR stuff goes. You'll get some book reports. You'll of course see some pictures, of food and the house. House pictures will inspire better housekeeping efforts, so I think this all works together quite nicely.
Happy Tuesday, y'all!