12/30/2009

It's here...

The new couch arrived this morning!! I haven't seen it yet in person, but here is the picture Billy sent me on his iPhone after it was delivered...




As you can see, the new curtains are up. I was ironing for probably 2 hours last night! I hate ironing!! We have a huge "needs to be ironed" pile in the laundry room to prove it. And while I was ironing Billy mopped the floors so they would be all clean for the new couch. Yes, ladies, he mops!



Hopefully when I get home we can make a decision on the rug. There was another (cheaper!) one we found at Pier1, and now that I think about it, I think I like that one too. It has more color to it, which I think will brighten things up more.


Now comes the dilemma about the right lamp to use. On the left side of the couch is a floor lamp that will more than likely stay in there. I've had my eye on this lamp from CB2 that has a base that fits under the couch so it can go in that corner and hang over the couch. It really isn't the right finish that I want for the room, but I figure I can spray paint the base and get some linen fabric to wrap the shade to bring in some natural textures. Decisions, decisions!


By the way, that's Murphy on the couch. Billy says he loves the new couch because he can check out what's going on outside both windows without having to jump down and back up. That's really all that matters, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment