12/29/2009

Switcheroo

I get bored. Easily. Especially with decor. I'm always thinking of ways to switch things up or add a little something extra to a room.

Recently, BG and I decided that since we seem to have more visitors at one time than we normally expected, we could use more seating in the living room, and more sleeping space in the house in general.

So we bought a new couch! It has not arrived yet, but is supposed to be planted safely in our living room by 10:30am tomorrow morning. We know how these delivery "windows" work, so we'll see if it gets there on time. I hope to be able to post some before and after pics of the whole house this weekend.

Until then, here is a basic idea of what the living room will have in it:



Our wall color is Behr's Garden Wall. We have it throughout most of the house, and it seems to be just brown and just grey enough to go with pretty much anything. And it makes the house seem nice and cozy! We love it.


I scored some pretty blue curtains on clearance through JCPenny.com. They are Linden Street's Grommet Top curtains in Lake Mist. I got the 95" ones because I like them to go all the way to the floor.


This couch is the one we have been anxiously waiting on for a while. It's a Haverty's sectional in Vanilla. We don't have kids yet and our dog, Murphy, is pretty low maintanence in the cleanliness department, so we are taking our chances with a white couch! We chose the reversed layout because Billy made the excellent point that the room would flow better if the couch was under both the front and side windows. You'll see what I mean when I get pictures up here...


And lastly is the rug that I found on Overstock.com. I'm not 100% sure that's the one we're going to get yet, but it is the front-runner for all of the ones we've looked at.

Then we'll need to find some lamps and a few more accessories, but at least we'll have most of the room together when the couch arrives.

Tonight's project is ironing all 6 of those curtain panels...

1 comment:

  1. I love that rug! Think anyone will notice if we have the same one? :P

    ReplyDelete